Re: Is there a free P-code interpreter?

yeung@reed.edu (Woodrow Yeung)
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 18:06:06 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Is there a free P-code interpreter? mircea@sina.tcamc.uh.edu (1995-02-06)
Re: Is there a free P-code interpreter? yeung@reed.edu (1995-02-08)
Re: Is there a free P-code interpreter? sethml@avarice.ugcs.caltech.edu (1995-02-09)
Re: Is there a free P-code interpreter? sethml@dice.ugcs.caltech.edu (1995-02-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: yeung@reed.edu (Woodrow Yeung)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 1995 18:06:06 GMT

Mircea Draghicescu <mircea@sina.tcamc.uh.edu> wrote:
>I am looking for a free P-code interpreter to be used in a compiler
>course. In fact, any stack machine emulator suitable for implementing
>Pascal will do.

The p4 compiler is available and is in the public domain. The authors of the
compiler are Ammann, Nori and Jacobi. Many Pascal compiler are decendents of
this. The distribution includes the compiler and a pcode interpreter.
There is also a book:
        Pascal Implementation
        by Steven Pemberton and Martin Daniels
        published by Ellis Horwood, Chichester, UK.
that describes the compiler and interpreter line by line.

It can be ftped from ftp.psg.com and is located in the directory:
/pub/pascal. If you use a Mac, you can get the Mac port by Ingemar
Ragnemalm. (You have to ask around to find where the Mac version is
located.)

Woody Yeung
yeung@reed.edu