Profile of common C constructs??

scott@cs.arizona.edu (Scott E Gilbert)
Sun, 5 Feb 1995 09:34:53 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Profile of common C constructs?? scott@cs.arizona.edu (1995-02-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: scott@cs.arizona.edu (Scott E Gilbert)
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 1995 09:34:53 GMT

I'd like to know of any research done or papers written that profile what
constructs are most common in C programs. Something along the lines of:

      "Here at the Bleah and Bleah Institution, we've done static analysis of
      our C programs and found that roughly 90% of our statements are global
      variable declarations, and that 50% of the text in our source code is
      comments."

In particular, I'd be interested in anything that deals with this sort of
analysis and how it relates to trying to make a compilation faster.

Thanks for any pointers or references! (respond via email or post)

--
Scott Gilbert ( scott@cs.arizona.edu )