Re: Arabic programming language?

"Emmett G. Hayes" <emmett@rahul.net>
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 19:07:51 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Arabic programming language? alsalma@a.cs.okstate.edu (AL SALMAN ABDULMAL) (1995-01-27)
Re: Arabic programming language? citrin@cs.colorado.edu (1995-01-27)
Re: Arabic programming language? emmett@rahul.net (Emmett G. Hayes) (1995-01-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: "Emmett G. Hayes" <emmett@rahul.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 19:07:51 GMT

AL SALMAN ABDULMAL (alsalma@a.cs.okstate.edu) wrote:
: Hi guys;

: Does anybody know an Arabic programming language such as Arabized
: Pascal or Arabized C, etc.?

I think that what you want is a preprocessor that takes the Arabic code
page and Arabic keywords and translates them into whatever your compiler
supports. IBM Egypt had (or used to have) preprocessors for PL/I and
COBOL. Some Arab University may well have written one for C.

Also, an Arab university may have written a parser, so that you can not
only use Arabic keywords but also an Arabic syntax. I haven't heard of
this for Arabic, but I've seen examples of French syntax parsers (I just
don't remember any details).

I suggest you use "finger" to locate someone at an Arab university
computer science department.

Emmett
--
Emmett G. Hayes <emmett@rahul.net>