yacc - mandatory non-terminal %type-ing ?

par@sequent.com (Paul Riethmuller)
Fri, 2 Dec 1994 07:05:49 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
yacc - mandatory non-terminal %type-ing ? par@sequent.com (1994-12-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: par@sequent.com (Paul Riethmuller)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 07:05:49 GMT

Folks,

I can't figure out what's going on with yacc (AT&T) and byacc.

I'm working on a grammar where I am perfectly happy to use the
default YYSTYPE of int and don't want a %union if I can avoid it.

So, I've got this grammar without a %union but b?yacc complains
that it wants the non-terminals on the rules LHS to be %typed.
Bison works fine.

I've got smaller grammars where I do the same thing with typing
(i.e. nothing) and b?yacc doesn't complain about them.

Any ideas?

TIA

Paul