Re: MicroTec Relocatable format? IEEE 695?

Per Bothner <bothner@cygnus.com>
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 23:56:47 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
MicroTec Relocatable format? IEEE 695? jerry.pendergraft@medtronic.com (1994-10-17)
Re: MicroTec Relocatable format? IEEE 695? bothner@cygnus.com (Per Bothner) (1994-10-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,alt.lang.asm
From: Per Bothner <bothner@cygnus.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 23:56:47 GMT

Jerry Pendergraft <jerry.pendergraft@medtronic.com> writes:
> I need to write a relocator for object modules produced by the
> MicroTec cross assembler (for the H8 chip if it matters).
>
> I think the object file format is IEEE 695 with some tweaks by
> MicroTec.

The GNU "binutils" includes some support for IEEE 695 format.
But Cygnus does not support this port, because of various
problems with the format, including poor documentation. But
the existing code may be a good start.

> - Has anyone already written a conversion tool? (to COFF preferably)

Binutils includes "objcopy", which converts object files, assuming
you have the needed support in the Binary File Descriptor library
used by binutils.

--
--Per Bothner
Cygnus Support bothner@cygnus.com