Question: Table Compression Methods in Dragon Book

SCHMIDTG@iccgcc.cs.hh.ab.com
Sun, 9 Oct 1994 20:06:54 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Question: Table Compression Methods in Dragon Book SCHMIDTG@iccgcc.cs.hh.ab.com (1994-10-09)
Re: Question: Table Compression Methods in Dragon Book janpeter@mpi.nl (Jan Peter de Ruiter) (1994-10-10)
Re: Table Compression Methods in Dragon Book nandu@cs.clemson.edu (1994-10-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: SCHMIDTG@iccgcc.cs.hh.ab.com
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 1994 20:06:54 GMT

There is a section titled "Table-Compression Methods" at the end of the
chapter discussing lexical analysis in the newer dragon book. The intent
is to implement efficient transition tables by leveraging off of the
similarities among states, but the example is unclear to me. I don't
understand what is meant by "default" transitions or "special" states.
I would be grateful if some kind soul could provide a simple example
showing the appropriate structures.

Thanks in advance,

-- Greg Schmidt schmidtg@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com