Compiler positions available for week ending August 21

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Sun, 21 Aug 1994 12:00:00 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending August 21 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2005-08-24)
Compiler positions available for week ending August 21 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1994-08-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 1994 12:00:00 GMT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 94 15:10:59 -0700
From: Manoj Dadoo <manoj@hpcll12.cup.hp.com>
Subject: jon openings in compiler optimization at Hewlett-Packard, Cupertino

Job Openings in the area of Low-Level Compiler Optimization
Hewlett-Packard, Cupertino, California

Hewlett-Packard is one of the world's leaders in the research, development
and manufacturing of computing and electronic measuring equipment for
people in business, industry, science, engineering, health care and
education. HP completed its 1993 fiscal year with over $20 billion in total
revenue and rated number two in the U.S. and number three worldwide in total
combined computer systems, software and peripherals revenue. The company has
enjoyed steady growth and no unprofitable quarters throughout its history.

We have immediate need for engineers in the area of low-level compiler
optimizations in our Cupertino, California Languages Lab.

Description of position:

    In this position, you will be responsible for designing, implementing,
    and testing state-of-the-art optimization techniques in the areas of
    instruction scheduling, register allocation, global optimizations,
    memory hierarchy management and predicated execution. You will
    work closely with architecture and hardware groups and optimize the
    system design with the best tradeoffs between compiler optimization,
    architecture and processor implementation. You will have the opportunity to
    work on compiler optimization for a next generation computer architecture.
    This will be an exciting position with ample room for growth and significant
    contribution.

Requirements for Above Position:

o BS, MS or Ph.D degree in Computer Science.
o Solid understanding of compiler optimizations fundamentals and theory.
o Strong background in computer architecture and processor micro-architecture.
o Strong understanding of how architecture, compilers and processor
      implementation impact performance.
o Previous design and implementation experience in compiler optimizations
o Strong communication and teamwork skills.

The California Languages Lab is responsible for delivering languages products
for all HP Computer systems based on PA-RISC architecture. We have delivered
industry leading optimization technology in our compilers and have helped
HP achieve breakthrough performance for its computer systems. We emphasis
teamwork, initiative, innovation and appropriate risk-taking. You will work
with a highly motivated and successful team.

For immediate consideration, send a resume to one of the following:

US mail:

      Manoj Dadoo
      Hewlett-Packard, MS 42U5
      11000 Wolfe Road
      Cupertino, CA 95014

Fax:

      Attn: Manoj Dadoo
      (408) 447-6976

Internet (please send ASCII format only):

      manoj@cup.hp.com

Hewlett-Packard is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to
affirmative action and workforce diversity.