Where can I find Cyclo ..?? and C similarity comparison

AJ7124323@NTUVAX.NTU.AC.SG
Wed, 17 Aug 1994 14:42:08 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Where can I find Cyclo ..?? and C similarity comparison AJ7124323@NTUVAX.NTU.AC.SG (1994-08-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: AJ7124323@NTUVAX.NTU.AC.SG
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 14:42:08 GMT

Hi:
I have noticed this program Cyclo in the catalogs and wondered if
I can get hold of a copy of it ... I do not have access to alt.sources

Yet another question ... I am currently doing a project on analysis
of C programs specifically to compare for similarity of 2 C programs ...
One possibility of doing that is to extract structural information from
the constructed parse tree and this will end up comparing whether the 2
programs have similar structures ... that is whether they have same number
of iterative statements and also whether the amount of nesting is the same
... further efforts can also be put into analysing other components of
the C programs to find for structural similarities .... however this
method of comparison actually suffer from severe deficiency ... It makes
no provision for the true meaning of the programs .. That is 2 programs
may look alike in structure but the meaning is totally different ...
Is there any way to overcome that ... what approach is the best to analyse
meaning of a program if there are any ??

Thanks for your comments ...

regards
CY