MS DOS port of Berkeley Yacc...

treynold@husc3.harvard.edu
Sat, 6 Aug 1994 20:43:08 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
MS DOS port of Berkeley Yacc... treynold@husc3.harvard.edu (1994-08-06)
Re: MS DOS port of Berkeley Yacc... patrick_d_logan@ccm.jf.intel.com (1994-08-08)
Re: MS DOS port of Berkeley Yacc... kbreinho@Novell.COM (1994-08-08)
Re. MS DOS port of Berkeley Yacc... Don.Caldwell@DallasTX.NCR.COM (Don Caldwell) (1994-08-09)
Re: MS DOS port of Berkeley Yacc... pjj@cs.man.ac.uk (1994-08-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: treynold@husc3.harvard.edu
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 1994 20:43:08 GMT

Has anyone had trouble with the MS DOS port of Berkeley Yacc?
It does not seem to work properly with the examples
in O'Reilly's book "Lex and Yacc". It might be Flex though, I'm not
sure, but I haven't heard of any problems with the MS DOS versions.
Thanks
[Berkeley yacc has a bunch of 32 bit specific code that is a pain
to fix. I've never gotten around to doing it. I'd suggest using DJGPP
to avoid the issue. DOS-izing the resultant scanner should be a lot
easier. Flex, on the other hand, is fine on DOS, other than making