Re: Static Analysis for Cache optimization

grunwald@foobar.cs.colorado.edu (Dirk Grunwald)
Mon, 20 Jun 1994 02:00:56 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Static Analysis for Cache optimization ghosh@csrd.uiuc.edu (1994-06-07)
Re: Static Analysis for Cache optimization grunwald@foobar.cs.colorado.edu (1994-06-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: grunwald@foobar.cs.colorado.edu (Dirk Grunwald)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 02:00:56 GMT

--

Instruction or Data?

For data cache, there's considerable prior work - certainly people at CSRD
should know better than most.

For instruction cache, you might wander over to CSL and talk to Wen-Mei
Hwu's group - they're one of two or three groups using compiler transforms
to reduce instruction cache misses.

Also, McFarling did some work on this for his thesis at Stanford. There's
other earlier work (a lot of it at UIUC) as well.