Introl vs. Intermetrics / MRI for 68HC11

stevenb@ecs.comm.mot.com (Steven Berger)
Mon, 13 Jun 1994 04:00:21 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Introl vs. Intermetrics / MRI for 68HC11 stevenb@ecs.comm.mot.com (1994-06-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: stevenb@ecs.comm.mot.com (Steven Berger)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 04:00:21 GMT

We are working on a project trying to convert an embedded 68hc11 board
from an Intermetrics compiler to something that will save code size and
excecution speed. The Intermetrics compiler is an unsupported beta
version that uses structured assembly. We ran some tests using an Introl
3.06 compiler and found it to be around 20 % faster and use around 15 % -
20 % less code space. However switching the code to work with the introl
version maybe more of a hassle than its worth because we are switching it
on an apollo and then we will convert it to a HP.

We have also learned of an MRI compiler that also is faster and saves
code space.

Does anyone have any information reguarding this compiler ?
Here are a few questions we would like to find out:
      - Is it supported on Apollo and HP -UX ?
      - What emulators support it ?
      - If it will support the beta version Intermetrics Assembly code, and if
          not what types of
          changes will need to be made to the assembly code ? ..C code?
      - Other users of MRI that could shed some more light or give us an opinion ?

  Any help that you could give would be much appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks !!!!!!!!

    Steve Berger Email: stevenb@ecs.comm.mot.com