Info wanted on cross compilers from PC to Unix

joe@meaddata.com (Joe Fenzl)
Sun, 22 May 1994 06:56:28 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Info wanted on cross compilers from PC to Unix joe@meaddata.com (1994-05-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: joe@meaddata.com (Joe Fenzl)
Date: Sun, 22 May 1994 06:56:28 GMT

We are looking for information on cross compilers, that is, compilers
which run on one machine but produce object and possibly fully linked
executables for another. Our specific situation is that we've got an HP
9000 and a Stratus UNIX box and a bunch of client PCs.

We'd like to look into offloading some of our development cycles from the
UNIX boxes to the PCs by using cross compilers. We would appreciate any
info on this. Please respond to fenzlj@aldiscon.com.

Thanks,

jim.
[I'd run Linux or one of the BSDs on the PCs, turning them into Unix systems,
then cross-compile using GCC. -John]