CFV: comp.compilers.tools.pccts

rdippold@qualcomm.com (Ron "Asbestos" Dippold)
9 May 1994 19:09:54 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
CFV: comp.compilers.tools.pccts rdippold@qualcomm.com (1994-05-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: rdippold@qualcomm.com (Ron "Asbestos" Dippold)
Newsgroups: news.announce.newgroups,news.groups,comp.compilers
Date: 9 May 1994 19:09:54 -0400

FIRST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)
unmoderated group comp.compilers.tools.pccts

Newsgroups line:
comp.compilers.tools.pccts Construction of compilers and tools w/ PCCTS.

Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC, 30 May 1994.

After this CFV appears on news.announce.newgroups it will be sent to
the mailing list <pccts-users@ahpcrc.umn.edu>.

This vote is being conducted by a neutral third party. For voting
questions only contact rdippold@qualcomm.com. For questions about the
proposed group contact Steve Robenalt <steve@molly.dny.rockwell.com>.

CHARTER

comp.compilers.tools.pccts is an unmoderated newsgroup which
will serve as a forum for all topics related to the installation,
operation, and development of the Purdue Compiler Construction Tool
Set (PCCTS), including all of its current tools, as well as any which
may be added in the future. Some of the topics to be discussed are:

- How to obtain the PCCTS package.

- Questions and answers on building and using the tools.

- How to write an ANTLR/SORCERER grammar.

- How to use Semantic/Syntactic predicates.

- Announcement of conferences and workshops.

- Ideas for Enhancements/New tools for the set.

- Posting of sample grammars and lexclasses.

The group will be gatewayed with the PCCTS users mailing list at
<pccts-users@ahpcrc.umn.edu>.

The Purdue Compiler Construction Tool Set (PCCTS) currently
has over 1000 known users in over 37 countries. A mailing list has
been used in the past to provide a discussion forum for users of the
tools. The volume of traffic has increased to the point that newsgroup
distribution will be a much more efficient medium for allowing users
to communicate, particularly those not in the United States. To quote
Marc Vauclair <Marc.Vauclair@Belgium.EU.net>: "I am not on the pccts
distribution list because I am paying for my mail to AND from the
States: 6.5 BEF / Kbytes (~ 0.2 USD / Kbytes )!". The existing mailing
list will be converted to a gateway for those unable to access Usenet.

HOW TO VOTE

Send MAIL to: voting@qualcomm.com
Just Replying should work if you are not reading this on a mailing list.

Your mail message should contain one of the following statements:
            I vote YES on comp.compilers.tools.pccts
            I vote NO on comp.compilers.tools.pccts

You may also ABSTAIN in place of YES/NO - this will not affect the outcome.
Anything else may be rejected by the automatic vote counting program. The
votetaker will respond to your received ballots with a personal acknowledge-
ment by mail - if you do not receive one within several days, try again.
It's your responsibility to make sure your vote is registered correctly.

One vote counted per person, no more than one per account. Addresses and
votes of all voters will be published in the final voting results list.