Yacc grammar for parsing RFC 822 style headers?

aslam@abaseen.lums.edu.pk (Sohail Aslam)
Wed, 13 Apr 1994 05:18:07 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Yacc grammar for parsing RFC 822 style headers? aslam@abaseen.lums.edu.pk (1994-04-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.mail.misc
From: aslam@abaseen.lums.edu.pk (Sohail Aslam)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 1994 05:18:07 GMT

Dear Readers,

I am looking for yacc (bison) grammar file that can be compiled and then
used to parse 822 style mail addresses and headers. I am attempting to
write a accounting utility that will monitor the mail traffic in and out
of our campus LAN. The utility will generate monthly reports on the email
for various individual or group users. If the yacc grammar file already
exists and is freely available, I could use it to extract pertinent info
from mailer log files (e.g, MMDF) and uucp work files (rmail). Info such
as sender's username, i.e., machine name and domain name stripped,
recipient, recipient's host and domain.

If the grammar file is ftp'able, please point me to the machine and
directory. I'll use ftp-by-mail@decwrl.dec.com to get it.

Please reply to me by email. We don't receive news here.

advan-Thanks-ce

Sohail Aslam
Assistant Professor, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
Lahore, Pakistan tel: 92-42-572-2670 fax: 92-42-572-2591
internet: aslam@lums.edu.pk uucp: uunet!abaseen!aslam