What is the most effective documentation?

tjk@introl.com (Thomas Krueger)
Thu, 31 Mar 1994 20:59:57 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
What is the most effective documentation? tjk@introl.com (1994-03-31)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: tjk@introl.com (Thomas Krueger)
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 1994 20:59:57 GMT

I've just finished the manuals that I've inherited, and it's time to start
over.

We produce cross-compilers for embedded systems using the 68HC11, 68HC16 and
68000 variants. Currently we document the assembler, compiler, debugger,
utilities, and "some" instruction on how to use all this neat stuff
together.

What I would like to know is: besides the obvious "all the options", what
else would you like to see in a document set?

(If there's something you think a compiler should be able to do, you can let
me know that as well.)

Thanks.

- Tom
--

    Thomas Krueger Introl Corporation Moderator:
    Technical Writer 9220 West Howard Avenue rec.audio.high-end