COFF to OMF86 conversion

jrp@ihops.att.com
Tue, 1 Mar 1994 18:04:49 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
COFF to OMF86 conversion jrp@ihops.att.com (1994-03-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.misc,comp.sys.misc,comp.unix.misc
From: jrp@ihops.att.com
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 1994 18:04:49 GMT

I'm looking for a reliable conversion tool that will convert an object
file that is in the Common Object File Format (COFF) to that of Intel's
Object Module Format 8086 (OMF86).

I have embedded processor systems that use 80C186/88 processors. These
systems are constrained to use a C compiler that generates a COFF object
file. I'm looking to use an HP64700 series development tool for
debugging. However, the HP 64700 will only accept object files in the
OMF86 format for this processor type. They don't support IEEE-695 file
format, we've tried it.

If anyone knows of such a software tool, please contact me via email at
jrp@ihlpl.att.com. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

John R. Pott
AT&T Bell Labs
[In a rational world, I'd suggest switching to any of the commercial
DOS C compilers, all of which use OMF86 or a derivative, and nearly all
of which know how to generate 186 code. -John]