Re: compiler compiler REFINE(?) info needed

"Terence Parr" <parrt@s1.arc.umn.edu>
Tue, 1 Mar 1994 17:11:35 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
compiler compiler REFINE(?) info needed lunye@quest.ece.uc.edu (1994-02-27)
Re: compiler compiler REFINE(?) info needed parrt@s1.arc.umn.edu (Terence Parr) (1994-03-01)
Re: compiler compiler REFINE(?) info needed michi@km21.zfe.siemens.de (1994-03-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: "Terence Parr" <parrt@s1.arc.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 1994 17:11:35 GMT

michi@km21.zfe.siemens.de (Michael Klug) writes:

> PCCTS no comment necessary

Is this good or bad? ;)

> Cocktail FAST! Complete and reliable
> LADE the only object-oriented c-c; fun to work with;
> no code generator

Don't forget YACC++ from Compiler Resources, Inc. That looks very nice
and solid to me. It's full LR(1) and has a nice OO grammar interface and
OO parsers. Unless I'm mistaken, grammars can inherit behavior from other
grammars. I think Barbara Zino (bz%compres.UUCP@primerd.cv.com) can help
more on this. I'm doing something similar for next release of ANTLR (part
of PCCTS).

BTW, I believe that LADE was recently purchased by an Australian group; I
don't remember being able to get a brochure on the software. Are they
still doing well? Any of you LADE guys out there?

Terence Parr
U of MN