Re: RDP is now available for FTP

rfg@netcom.com (Ronald F. Guilmette)
Thu, 24 Feb 1994 10:40:26 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
RDP is now available for FTP adrian@dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk (1994-02-20)
Re: RDP is now available for FTP rfg@netcom.com (1994-02-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: rfg@netcom.com (Ronald F. Guilmette)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 1994 10:40:26 GMT

>RDP compiles attributed LL(1) grammars decorated with C-language semantic
>actions into recursive descent compilers. RDP is written in strict ANSI C
>and produces strict ANSI C. RDP was developed using Borland C 3.1 on a PC
>and has also been built with no problems on Alpha/OSF-1, DECstation/Ultrix
>and Sun 4/SunOS hosts. The definition of strict ANSI here means compiling
>with gcc -Wall -pedantic -ANSI and getting no warning messages.

To insure maximal conformance, I also recommend using the following
additional options:

-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -fno-common

(Using -fno-common insures that your program is not relying on the so-called
``relaxed ref/def'' model of linkage.)

-- Ron Guilmette, Sunnyvale, CA ---------- RG Consulting -------------------
domain addr: rfg@netcom.com
uucp addr: ...!uunet!netcom!rfg