Retargeting the GCC Compiler to a new micro?

sam@eleceng.adelaide.edu.au
Mon, 31 Jan 1994 07:32:58 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Retargeting the GCC Compiler to a new micro? sam@eleceng.adelaide.edu.au (1994-01-31)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: sam@eleceng.adelaide.edu.au
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 07:32:58 GMT

Hi,

I am currently beginning the development of a compiler for a prototype
microprocessor under development by a team at the University of Adelaide
of which I am a member. I have thus decided to try and adapt, rather than
write again, a existing compiler. I believe GCC would be the wisest
choice. Although the GCC documentation is quite verbose, having some kind
of example would speed up the development of the compiler, and the
reduction of hours at a terminal tearing my hair out.

Has anyone out there done something similar, and do you have any advice
about how to go about it?

Thanks,

Sam Appleton.

High Performance Computer Architecture Team,
University of Adelaide, Australia, 5005.

sam@eleceng.adelaide.edu.au