Looking for prior art on reducing size of C/C++ program database

kendall@pot.East.Sun.COM (Sam Kendall - Sun Microsystems Labs BOS)
Thu, 13 Jan 1994 23:13:00 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for prior art on reducing size of C/C++ program database kendall@pot.East.Sun.COM (1994-01-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: kendall@pot.East.Sun.COM (Sam Kendall - Sun Microsystems Labs BOS)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 1994 23:13:00 GMT

For a USENIX C++ paper I and a coauthor are writing, I'm looking for
papers that deal with reducing the size of a C or C++ program database.
I'm using the word "database" in a very inclusive way; I mean things like
object file debugging info, or in-memory program representations, as well
as more traditional databases such as CIA/CIA++.

Particularly relevant would be techniques for sharing (representations of)
parts of different translation units, such as inclusions of the same
header file. This is what our paper is about.
----
Sam Kendall
Sun Microsystems Labs BOS