Project on Compiler

alluri@utdallas.edu (Sridhar Alluri)
Thu, 13 Jan 1994 02:43:42 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Project on Compiler alluri@utdallas.edu (1994-01-13)
Re: Project on Compiler samiam@netcom.com (1994-01-13)
Re: Project on Compiler jhall@garden.WPI.EDU (1994-01-13)
Re: Project on Compiler wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl (1994-01-14)
Re: Project on Compiler bischoff@cs.iastate.edu (Kurt Bischoff) (1994-01-14)
Re: new version of PCCTS parrt@s1.arc.umn.edu (Terence Parr) (1994-01-14)
Re: Project on Compiler djohnson@arnold.ucsd.edu (1994-01-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: alluri@utdallas.edu (Sridhar Alluri)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 1994 02:43:42 GMT

We have been given a semester long project in our compilers class. Our
project is divided into 6 sub-projects. They are

1. Lexical Analyzer
2. Parser
3. Symbol Table
4. Expand array references, type conversions, constant fold and labelize
5. Runtime Library
6. Code Generation and Execution

We are supposed to write a compiler for a subset of Pascal. I would like
to know how complex the project is going to be. If anyone of you has done
such a project I would like you to give me some suggestions as to how to
get started on the project. Thanks in advance.
Sridhar Alluri(Varma)
[This is a rather a large project for one person in a semester, although
it's probably doable if you can use tools (lex, yacc, or preferably
something better) for the first two or three parts of the compiler. As far
as how to get started on the project, hasn't the teacher given you any
advice? -John]