flex release 2.4.2 now available for anonymous ftp

vern@daffy.ee.lbl.gov (Vern Paxson)
Wed, 1 Dec 1993 07:35:23 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
flex release 2.4.2 now available for anonymous ftp vern@daffy.ee.lbl.gov (1993-12-01)
flex 2.4.3 now available for anonymous ftp vern@daffy.ee.lbl.gov (1993-12-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.sources.d
From: vern@daffy.ee.lbl.gov (Vern Paxson)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1993 07:35:23 GMT

Release 2.4.2 of flex, a lex replacement, is now available. You can get
it via anonymous ftp to ftp.ee.lbl.gov (retrieve flex-2.4.2.tar.Z) and
from prep.ai.mit.edu (retrieve pub/gnu/flex-2.4.2.tar.gz). The first site
is on the U.S. West coast, the second on the East coast.

The main changes between release 2.4 and release 2.3 are:

- Support for generating C++ scanner classes (thanks to Kent Williams
and Tom Epperly).

- A "maximum AT&T lex compatibility" flag.

- A flag for renaming the "yy" prefix so you can easily include
multiple flex scanners in a single executable.

- An autoconf-generated "configure" script to increase portability
(thanks to Francois Pinard).

- Greater POSIX compliance.

- A gazillion minor changes and bug fixes.

See the "NEWS" file in the distribution for details.

If you don't have anonymous ftp access, let me know and I'll mail you the
uuencoded tar file.

Vern

Vern Paxson vern@ee.lbl.gov
Information and Computing Sciences ucbvax!ee.lbl.gov!vern
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory (510) 486-7504