Re: SSA code generators?

tthorn@daimi.aau.dk (Tommy Thorn)
Thu, 23 Sep 1993 09:36:47 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
SSA code generators? sriniv@cathedral.cerc.wvu.edu (1993-09-22)
Re: SSA code generators? alex@miles.vmars.tuwien.ac.at (Alexander Vrchoticky) (1993-09-23)
Re: SSA code generators? tthorn@daimi.aau.dk (1993-09-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: tthorn@daimi.aau.dk (Tommy Thorn)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1993 09:36:47 GMT

sriniv@cathedral.cerc.wvu.edu (Srinivas Kankanahalli) writes:
> Are there public domain programs that convert C code into Static
>Single Assignment form?? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Hmm, we have a compiler for an ADA-subset like language, that uses
CORTL(*) as the intermediate representation. The first thing done after
code generation is conversion to SSA. Unfortunately it's not minimal form,
but we relay on dead code elimination and good register allocation to
clean up.

It's not public domain, or even copylefted, but if you're interested
please write, and we'll work something out.

(*) CORTL as proposed by Carl McConnell <mcconnel@cs.uiuc.edu>
--
Tommy.Thorn@daimi.aau.dk