Ever heard of a Borland Pascal de-compiler?

Randy.Antler@news.cerf.net
Tue, 10 Aug 1993 21:40:09 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Ever heard of a Borland Pascal de-compiler? Randy.Antler@news.cerf.net (1993-08-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Randy.Antler@news.cerf.net
Eply-To: randy@nacm.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1993 21:40:09 GMT

I am looking for any information relating to the ability to de-compile a
program written in Borland Pascal. The program is not complex, it
consists of a simple "Eliza" like program that parses user input and
displays information based on a decision tree. The programmer was killed
during service as a humanitarian worker over seas and for reasons unknown
to us she kept the source code with her. Consequently we have no source
code only the executable version of the program was left with us.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE respond to the following address if you have any
information that you feel might be helpful...

nacmra@cerf.net.com
[I've never seen a PC decompilers that was at all useful. I suspect
your best bet is to disassemble it, figure out by hand what it does, and
rewrite it from scratch. -John]