Re: Garbage Collector for C Wanted

N.Winton@axion.bt.co.uk (Neil Winton)
Mon, 19 Jul 1993 15:41:32 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Garbage Collector for C Wanted eppler@bordeaux.informatik.uni-kl.de (1993-07-12)
Re: Garbage Collector for C Wanted N.Winton@axion.bt.co.uk (1993-07-19)
Re: Garbage Collector for C Wanted boehm@parc.xerox.com (1993-07-19)
Re: Garbage Collector for C Wanted pardo@cs.washington.edu (1993-07-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: N.Winton@axion.bt.co.uk (Neil Winton)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 15:41:32 GMT

eppler@bordeaux.informatik.uni-kl.de (Reinhard Eppler) writes:
|> I need a garbage collector with reference counting written in C(++).
|> Is anyone out there who can help me?

Errm, well not exatly what you are looking for but I have written a
drop-in replacement for malloc() which does a mark-and-sweep GC for C. I
don't know whether I can release (probably not) it but I can probably
discuss how I went about it if you are interested ...

Oh, I also did a set of wrapper routines which used the same philosophy to
do the mark-and-sweep but which don't require that you replace malloc().
This is much easier but you only get to garbage-collect stuff that has
been allocated via the wrappers.

Neil

* Neil Winton G306a, SSTF Building
* N.Winton@axion.bt.co.uk BT Laboratories
* Tel +44 473 646079 Martlesham Heath
* Fax +44 473 643019 IPSWICH IP5 7RE, UK