HELP??? parsing loops in gcc...

lsheng@cs.bu.edu (le-ju sheng)
Mon, 19 Jul 1993 15:24:45 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
HELP??? parsing loops in gcc... lsheng@cs.bu.edu (1993-07-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,gnu.gcc.help
From: lsheng@cs.bu.edu (le-ju sheng)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 15:24:45 GMT

Whoever can give me some idea...

I'm trying to write a loop dependence checker in GNU compiler.

first of all, I have to parse a,b,c,d constants from the arrays in loops,
eg.,

            :
        for(i=1; i< 100; i++)
        {
              A[2*i] = A[2*i-1]; /* a=2, b=0, c=2, d=-1 */
                  :
                  :
        }
              :
              :

I'm not familiar with the gcc compiler. If anyone can tell me
'where-which file' in gcc was concerned about the loop arrays that I
can modify to include a dependent function, it'd be very appreciated.

-miranda
[Does GCC do any loop analysis at all? -John]