Modula-3* paper available by anonymous ftp

heinze@ira.uka.de (Ernst A. Heinz)
Mon, 14 Jun 1993 15:06:29 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Modula-3* paper available by anonymous ftp heinze@ira.uka.de (1993-06-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: heinze@ira.uka.de (Ernst A. Heinz)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1993 15:06:29 GMT

For all interested folk I have made my JSPP'93 paper publicly available by
anonymous ftp. The title of the paper reads as follows:

"Modula-3*: An Efficiently Compilable Extension of Modula-3 for
  Problem-Oriented Explicitly Parallel Programming".

To retrieve DVI, PostScript, or compressed Postscript versions of the
paper please connect to i41s10.ira.uka.de by anonymous ftp. There, the
directory pub/m3s contains the corresponding files named jspp93.dvi,
jspp93.ps, and jspp93.ps.Z.

-rw-r----- 1 ftp ftp 41604 Jun 14 14:22 jspp93.dvi
-rw-r----- 1 ftp ftp 147095 Jun 14 14:22 jspp93.ps
-rw-r----- 1 ftp ftp 59509 Jun 14 14:22 jspp93.ps.Z

Don't forget to use binary mode when retrieving the DVI or compressed
PostScript versions! Please send me a short email containing your full
name and address plus affiliation if you retrieve any of the above.

For your information I include the abstract of my JSPP'93 paper below.

MODULA-3*: AN EFFICIENTLY COMPILABLE EXTENSION OF MODULA-3 FOR
PROBLEM-ORIENTED EXPLICITLY PARALLEL PROGRAMMING

Ernst A. Heinz, University of Karlsruhe, F.R. Germany
(email: heinze@ira.uka.de)

In this paper we present the programming language Modula-3* and
machine-independent optimization techniques for its compilation. We
consider Modula-3* to be a promising new framework for problem-oriented
explicitly parallel programming that aims at high performance on a variety
of architectures and machines. By proposing a large collection of
effective optimizations we illustrate the feasibility of efficient
Modula-3* compilation. We ensure portability of the compiler by
formulating most optimizations as source-to-source transformations in the
intermediate high-level language Modula-3\pi, an extension of Modula-3*
especially designed for this task.

In case of any questions or problems, please don't hesitate to contact
me directly.

Cheers.

=Ernst=