bigloo Scheme system available

serrano@savigny.inria.fr (Manuel Serrano)
Thu, 13 May 1993 10:17:12 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
bigloo Scheme system available serrano@savigny.inria.fr (1993-05-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: serrano@savigny.inria.fr (Manuel Serrano)
Date: Thu, 13 May 1993 10:17:12 GMT

A new Scheme system if now available by ftp at the address
`ftp.inria.fr' in the directory `/pub/local/icsla'.

Bigloo is both a interpreter and a compiler. It is conformant to IEEE
Scheme standard with some extensions from which we can site regular
parsing or pattern matching.

The main goal of Bigloo is to deliver small and fast stand alone
applications.

Errors or erroneous behaviours can happen. If you discover some, thank to
write me about them, I will fix them as fast as I could.

Since Bigloo produces ANSI C, it would be easy to port it on all Unix
machines (or, at least on 32 bits Unix machines). By now, it was
successfully compiled on:

- SPARC (1, 2, 10)
- SONY-NEWS (mips r3000)
- IRIS indigo (mips r3000)
- PC-486 (linux)
- HP-PA (730)

ps: I would like to address special thank to Hans J. Boehm for his Garbage
Collector; the current runtime of Bigloo uses it.
--
Manuel SERRANO (equipe ICSLA, Bat 8)
INRIA-Rocquencourt, BP 105, 78153