research on transformational systems

dekker@dutiag.twi.tudelft.nl (Rene Dekker)
Tue, 20 Apr 1993 08:23:43 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
research on transformational systems dekker@dutiag.twi.tudelft.nl (1993-04-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: dekker@dutiag.twi.tudelft.nl (Rene Dekker)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1993 08:23:43 GMT

As a PhD project I am working on transformational systems. These are
systems that can perform transformations from one language into another.
Generally you describe these transformations by rules acting on abstract
syntax trees. Examples of the kind of transformations that can be
described are: optimization, code-generation, parallellization,
reverse-engeneering. Examples of transformational systems are: PUMA (GMD
Karlsruhe), SAFE/TI (ISI) and HOPE (Darlington).

I am looking for literature on transformational systems. In particular,
any survey articles and recent research are welcome.

Thanks,
Rene.
--
Rene Dekker dekker@dutiba.tudelft.nl +3115-783850
Delft University of Technology Technical Mathematics and Informatics