Re: request C code which translates source into PDG

krishna@cs.unm.edu (Ksheerabdhi Krishna)
Thu, 15 Apr 1993 19:32:30 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
request C code which translates source into PDG wjackson@pinnacle.cerc.wvu.edu (1993-04-13)
Re: request C code which translates source into PDG cliffc@rice.edu (1993-04-14)
Re: request C code which translates source into PDG paco@legia.cs.rice.edu (1993-04-15)
Re: request C code which translates source into PDG krishna@cs.unm.edu (1993-04-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: krishna@cs.unm.edu (Ksheerabdhi Krishna)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1993 19:32:30 GMT

> Has anyone implemented algorithms which convert a source program into a
> Program Dependence Graph?

Karl and Steven Ellcey did implement this, the implementation is described
in a paper by both of them in "Software Practice and Experience"

Experience Compiling Fortran to Program Dependence Graphs
by Karl Ottenstein and Steven Ellcey, vol22(1), 41-62, Jan 1992.

> If anyone else has done this or another implementation and has code
> available, we would appreciate the information.

They did their implemantation in Modula-2, but in Sun's Modula-2
(different libraries) and to the best of my knowledge Sun has discontinued
a Modula-2 line, at least last time I checked.

-begin-plug-
I am working on an implemenation (restricted C -> PDW) right now, which
should be available sometime later this year.
-end-plug-

Cheers,