Re: PD C compiler wanted to gen Z80 code

wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl (Willem Jan Withagen)
Wed, 24 Mar 1993 08:00:54 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PD C compiler wanted to gen Z80 code greg@coombs.anu.edu.au (1993-03-23)
Re: PD C compiler wanted to gen Z80 code wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl (1993-03-24)
Re: PD C compiler wanted to gen Z80 code wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl (1993-03-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl (Willem Jan Withagen)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1993 08:00:54 GMT

=>Does anyone know of a public domain C compiler, that preferably runs on a
=>PC, UNIX machine, etc that generates Z80 object code? Please mail me if
=>you know of such a beast!

There used be/is something called small-C which generates 8080-code, and
compiles a C subset. I haven't seen it for a while, but I do have an old
version of it at home, which I'm willing to share. (But then archie might
give better/newer results), also note that a book has been written on this
compiler. Which is again at home, but I can get the title/author stuff.

As to porting GNU-CC to small systems, I think one could do it as
cross-compiler. And then use the resulting output, which is going to be
loaded with calls to 32-bit add/mult/... routines. The problem lies
mainly in the part where GCC wants integers/pointers to be 32-bits. [No
I'm not intending to start another pointer-discussion/war :-)]

Willem Jan Withagen

--
Digital Information Systems Group, Room EH 10.35
Eindhoven University of Technology