Fortran 90 compiler performance benchmark project

john@aquarius.unm.edu (John Prentice)
Tue, 23 Mar 1993 09:22:32 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Fortran 90 compiler performance benchmark project john@aquarius.unm.edu (1993-03-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: john@aquarius.unm.edu (John Prentice)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1993 09:22:32 GMT

For some months I have been working on a set of Fortran 90 codes for the
purpose of performing a benchmark of the ParaSoft, NAG, and Pacific Sierra
Research Fortran 90 compilers (or translators, if you prefer). The thrust
of this project is to determine the performance of these compilers on a
variety of numerical problems, many of which are actual production codes.
I am performing my benchmark runs on a single processor Sparc 10.

I am nearing completion of my F90 performance benchmark suite and will
soon be running the final benchmark tests and writing up the results.
With that in mind, I am assembling an e-mail list to keep people up to
date on this project and for dissimination of the results. If you are
interested in being on this list, please send me some e-mail letting me
know. If you know of any other people who might be interested in this
project, please send me their e-mail address and I will contact them.
--
John K. Prentice
Quetzal Computational Associates