Call-for-papers: MICRO-26

conte@ece.scarolina.edu (Tom Conte)
Wed, 17 Mar 1993 22:45:18 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Call-for-papers: MICRO-26 conte@ece.scarolina.edu (1993-03-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: conte@ece.scarolina.edu (Tom Conte)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1993 22:45:18 GMT

| |
| C A L L F O R P A P E R S |
| M I C R O -- 2 6 |
| |
| THE 26th ANNUAL ACM/IEEE |
| |
| INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM |
| |
| ON MICROARCHITECTURE |
| |
| with special emphasis on |
| Instruction-Level Parallel Processing |
| Austin, Texas |
| December 1-3, 1993 |
| Sponsored by |
| ACM SIGMICRO and IEEE TC-MICRO |
| with support from Motorola |
| |
| Important dates: |
| SUBMISSION: JUNE 16, Acceptance: AUG. 18, Final version: SEP. 15 |

For the past 25 years, the annual MICRO conference has been a key forum
for presenting major breakthroughs in computer microarchitecture. In
particular, its technical papers have made significant contributions to
the technologies underlying superscalar and VLIW processors. Last year's
MICRO-25 proved to be the premier forum for discussion and debate of
instruction-level parallelism. With instruction-level parallel processing
technology developing rapidly, this year's conference promises to be an
exciting and rewarding continuation of this debate. We invite all leading
researchers and designers to participate in this landmark meeting in
Austin, Texas to discuss new directions in instruction-level parallel
processing.

This 26th meeting of MICRO will include an invited lecture series on
critical components of instruction-level parallel processing technology.
The lectures will address compiler, processor, and fabrication
technologies.

The conference seeks original papers concerning all aspects of
microarchitecture including implementation and compilation for VLIW,
superscalar, superpipelined, and multiprocessor systems. The topics of
interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

        Instruction-level Parallel Processing: Compiler and Hardware
         Technologies
        Tradeoffs: Compiler, Architecture, and Microarchitecture
Processor, Memory System, and I/O Microarchitectures
        Code Scheduling and Optimization Techniques
        Cost and Performance Tradeoffs in Real Machines
        VLIW and Superscalar Compiler Design and Implementation
        Hardware and Software Issues for VLIW/Superscalar Multiprocessors
        Compatibility and Portability
        High Level Synthesis and Testability

THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PAPERS IS JUNE 16, 1993. Five copies of
the original manuscript, not exceeding 5000 words, should be sent to the
PROGRAM CHAIR. The identification of the primary author, including name,
affiliation, address, e-mail address, phone number, and FAX number, should
appear on the title page. Each copy should include a 100-word abstract and
five keywords.

All papers will be refereed by members of the program committee who are
familiar with the topic and by outside referees. Papers will be accepted
as either full or short papers. Notification of acceptance/rejection will
occur by August 18, 1993. The camera ready copy of the accepted papers
will be due on September 15, 1993.

Proposals for special sessions (panel discussions and working group
discussions) should be sent to the GENERAL CHAIR by June 16, 1993.

GENERAL CHAIR PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Andrew Wolfe Vicki Allan, Utah State
Dept. of Electrical Engineering Richard Belgard, Consultant
Princeton University James Bondi, Texas Instruments
Princeton, NJ 08544-5263, USA Pohua Chang, Intel
awolfe@ee.princeton.edu Tom Conte, U. South Carolina
(609) 258-1426, 258-3745 FAX Jim Dehnert, Silicon Graphics
Kemal Ebcioglu, IBM
PROGRAM CHAIR Matt Farrens, UC Davis
William Mangione-Smith Josh Fisher, Hewlett-Packard
Corporate Research, Motorola Andy Glew, Intel
3701 Algonquin Rd. Stanley Habib, CUNY
Rolling Meadows, IL 60614, USA Bruce Holmer, Northwestern U.
billms@mot.com Wen-mei Hwu, U. Illinois
(708) 538-3741, 576-2025 FAX Gearold Johnson, Colo. State
Joe Linn, Microsoft
STEERING COMMITTEE Bill Mangione-Smith, Motorola
Richard Belgard, Consultant Hans Mulder, Intel
Matt Farrens, UC Davis Alex Nicolau, UC Irvine
Wen-mei Hwu, U. Illinois John O'Donnell, Equator Technol.
Joe Linn, Microsoft Kunle Olukotun, Stanford
Yale Patt, U. Michigan Yale Patt, U. Michigan
Mike Schlansker, Hewlett-Packard
LOCAL ARRANGEMENTS Jim Smith, Cray Research
Jeffrey Van Myers, Motorola Mike Smith, Harvard
Andrew Wolfe, Princeton
ADMIN. COORDINATOR
Tom Conte, Univ. South Carolina
conte@ece.scarolina.edu