C benchmark programs wanted

ghiya@bluebeard.cs.mcgill.ca (Rakesh Ghiya )
Fri, 12 Mar 1993 18:15:28 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C benchmark programs wanted ghiya@bluebeard.cs.mcgill.ca (1993-03-12)
Re: C benchmark programs wanted krishna@cs.unm.edu (1993-03-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: ghiya@bluebeard.cs.mcgill.ca (Rakesh Ghiya )
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1993 18:15:28 GMT

Hi all,

We have an ongoing parallelizing C compiler development effort at McGill,
called McCAT ( McGill Compiler Architecture Testbed ).

It is now widely acknowledged that pointer-induced aliases pose the
biggest problem in collecting accurate dependence information for C
programs. We have implemented a very sophisticated alias analysis
algorithm in the framework of our compiler. We also have an implementation
of a Dependence Analyzer, that uses this alias information for more
accurate analysis.

We now want to perform some empirical measurements on the improvement
achieved in the quality of dependence analysis, by using the alias
information.

I would be grateful, if someone could provide me pointers to places, from
where I can obtain some good C test programs to perform this empirical
study.

Thanks very much,

Rakesh Ghiya
School of Computer Science