PIC 16Cxx Compilers

manningc@procor.dialogic.com (Charles Manning)
Thu, 4 Feb 1993 16:48:02 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compilers for Microchip PIC16C5x nzkite!foster@gvls1.VFL.Paramax.COM (1993-01-29)
PIC 16Cxx Compilers manningc@procor.dialogic.com (1993-02-04)
Re: PIC 16Cxx Compilers clyde@hitech.com.au (1993-02-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: manningc@procor.dialogic.com (Charles Manning)
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1993 16:48:02 GMT

>I'm looking for a compiler for the PIC 16C5x series of microprocessors.

I've had a bit of experience with PICs and HLL's on other
microcontrollers. Sorry, but I don't think HLL's are feasible for PIC
16Cxx family.

Even shoehorning C into a 8051 has taken the industry quite a while to get
anywhere near to useful. In case you don't know it, it has 64kbyte
external RAM 64kbyte ROM 128bytes RAM etc.

If you can't abide the PIC assembler (I hated it at first, but I quite
like it now) there is always the Parallax development kit for PIC16C5x.

The Parallax assembler is easier for most people to read but the parallax
"instructions" may generate more than one PIC instruction.

Apparently the Parallax stuff is available on their BBS (916) 721-9607.

Regards
Charles Manning

manningc@dialogic.com