G++, GNU LInker and others

galileu@zeus.funceme.br (Galileu)
Thu, 26 Nov 1992 12:41:39 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
G++, GNU LInker and others galileu@zeus.funceme.br (1992-11-26)
Re: G++, GNU LInker and others bothner@xenon.stanford.edu (1992-11-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: galileu@zeus.funceme.br (Galileu)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1992 12:41:39 GMT

We're taking the installation of GCC version 2.3.1 in a Sun SparcServer
and we're getting some trouble when compiling c++ applications.

In classes that contains static members, the code generated can't be
linked, because such members are not recognized by the loader. We are not
thinking of this how properly a bug, but just a limitation of the compiler
(linker), perhaps because we don't have GNU Linker; how to get it?

Could someone help us?

Galileu Batista
e-mail: galileu@funceme.br
FUNCEME - Fortaleza - BRASIL
[Gnu ld is available the same places as GCC. -John]