Memory statistics for optimizers

"V.C. SREEDHAR" <sreedhar@binkley.cs.mcgill.ca>
Tue, 17 Nov 1992 17:09:52 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Memory statistics for optimizers sreedhar@binkley.cs.mcgill.ca (V.C. SREEDHAR) (1992-11-17)
What IS a 'toy' compiler? TDARCOS@MCIMAIL.COM (1992-12-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: "V.C. SREEDHAR" <sreedhar@binkley.cs.mcgill.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1992 17:09:52 GMT

We are implementing a compiler incorporating very aggressive analyses
(interprocedural, alias, etc...) and optimizations. One of our problem is
the memory requirement to support such aggressive optimizations.

We would like to know from others who have implemented compilers (not
toys) their experiences regarding this problem. We would like to know
statistics of memory allocated for compiling std. benchmarks (SPEC,
SPLASH, PERFECT, RiCeps, etc ...) If you have such statistics, and if you
can share it, please email me. We are particularly interested from the
groups working on optimizations and parallelizations to share their
experiences...

Thanks a lot

Sreedhar