Re: Request for info - Software Testing Tools

keck@castor.trl.OZ.AU (Brian Keck)
Fri, 9 Oct 1992 08:16:12 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Re: Request for info - Software Testing Tools keck@castor.trl.OZ.AU (1992-10-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.eiffel,comp.compilers
From: keck@castor.trl.OZ.AU (Brian Keck)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1992 08:16:12 GMT

In comp.software-eng, scip2060@nusunix1.nus.sg (SARDJONO INSANI) asked:
REQUEST FOR INFO - SOFTWARE TESTING TOOLS
Could anyone please give me information on software testing tools
commercially available, with brief comments of their functionality,
price and address of vendors?

I have what I guess is a similar question.

What I have in mind are tools that take up where lint leaves off, for C
primarily, but also C++ & Eiffel.

I've seen the thread on Purify/dbmalloc/Sentinel, but am more interested
in programming style as it affects maintainability & other good things
(reliability, efficiency, portability, interoperability, ...).

Thanks for any help,

Brian Keck

b.keck@trl.oz.au, phone +61 3 253 6407, fax +61 3 253 6362
Network Services & Signalling, Telecom Research Laboratories
770 Blackburn Rd, Clayton Victoria 3168, Australia