References for Compiler and Interpreter implementation in C++?

ethan@niwot.scd.ucar.EDU (Ethan Alpert)
Wed, 7 Oct 1992 17:07:50 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
References for Compiler and Interpreter implementation in C++? ethan@niwot.scd.ucar.EDU (1992-10-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c++
From: ethan@niwot.scd.ucar.EDU (Ethan Alpert)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1992 17:07:50 GMT

Hello,

I've been learning C++ for a few months now and am interested in
studing compiler and interpreter implementations written in C++. It would
seem that there are lots of natural abstractions that can be made with
regard to source tree construction, garbage collection and code
generation. I can also envision the possiblity of building extensible type
systems so new primative data types can be added to the interpreter as
needed.

Any references to literature would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-ethan
--
Ethan Alpert internet: ethan@ncar.ucar.edu
Scientific Visualization Group, Scientific Computing Division