Re: Code Generation by Coagulation?

soi!chip@uu3.psi.com (Chip Morris)
Tue, 18 Aug 1992 12:44:58 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Code Generation by Coagulation? jeremy@sw.oz.au (1992-08-12)
Re: Code Generation by Coagulation? grover@brahmand.Eng.Sun.COM (1992-08-13)
Re: Code Generation by Coagulation? soi!chip@uu3.psi.com (1992-08-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: soi!chip@uu3.psi.com (Chip Morris)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1992 12:44:58 GMT

Jeremy Fitzhardinge writes:

>I've been looking through the paper "Code Generation by Coagualtion"
>by Michael Karr, published in 1984. I'm wondering if this work has
>been followed up or further investigated.

I directed the implementation of Karr's ideas, with extensions, and
reported on it in the 1991 SIGPLAN PLDI conference. I can send copies of
the paper if you can't get your hands on a proceedings.

We still have lots of ideas, and the code is here at Software Options, but
our research funding source wanted us to move on to other topics.
Inquiries and discussion are welcome. It would be particularly nice to
hook it onto a C or FORTRAN front-end for some industrial-strength
benchmarking.
--
Chip Morris, Senior Engineer
Software Options, Inc., 22 Hilliard St., Cambridge MA 02138 (617) 497-5054