Looking for compiler-building tools

jcasey@corwin.CCS.Northeastern.EDU (john casey)
Sat, 27 Jun 1992 14:19:52 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for compiler-building tools jcasey@corwin.CCS.Northeastern.EDU (1992-06-27)
Re: Looking for compiler-building tools ggf@saifr00.cfsat.honeywell.com (1992-07-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: jcasey@corwin.CCS.Northeastern.EDU (john casey)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1992 14:19:52 GMT

I am looking for a parser generator with the following characteristics:
    top-down ( LL ) parsing
    and
    each production is translated into a C function, which can have parameters.

At present, I'm using the Amsterdam Compiler Kit's generator, LLgen, which
has those properties, but does not allow the newer style ANSI parameter
declarations in productions.

I'd like to clean up my code and make it safer by using reference
arguments. The students in my compiler course will appreciate the added
safety.

I'd appreciate an answer, or a reference to a place where I can look for
this kind of tool.
-John Casey
jcasey@corwin.ccs.northeastern.edu