graph coloring register assignment and instruction sched.

Youfeng Wu <wu@sequent.com>
Fri, 26 Jun 1992 18:54:43 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
graph coloring register assignment and instruction sched. wu@sequent.com (Youfeng Wu) (1992-06-26)
Re: graph coloring register assignment and instruction sched. Steve.Beaty@ftcollins.ncr.com (Steve Beaty) (1992-07-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Youfeng Wu <wu@sequent.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1992 18:54:43 GMT

I am working on integrated graph coloring register assignment and
instruction scheduling for superscalar processors, and would like
to know any related work. The work I am aware of includes:

Hsu and Goodman, a DAG-driven register assignment is quite elegant,
but not with graph coloring.

David Bradlee, graph coloring is used but a separate local register
allocator is needed.

Any thought, idea, or recent reference is appreciated.

Youfeng Wu 15450 S.W. Koll Parkway
Compilers, D2-745 Beaverton, OR 97006-6063
Sequent Computer Systems Tel: (503) 578-4273
wu@sequent.com Fax: (503) 578-3228