Re: CSE code available?

Alexander Vrchoticky <alex@miles.vmars.tuwien.ac.at>
Wed, 24 Jun 1992 09:43:40 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
CSE code available? grueber@informatik.uni-bonn.de (1992-06-23)
Re: CSE code available? alex@miles.vmars.tuwien.ac.at (Alexander Vrchoticky) (1992-06-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Alexander Vrchoticky <alex@miles.vmars.tuwien.ac.at>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1992 09:43:40 GMT

grueber@informatik.uni-bonn.de writes:
> Is there a C implementation of a common-subexpression-elemination method?

Yes. I could be cruel, rip the appropriate module out of my compiler, and
mail it to you.

But what is it you *really* want? You have neither stated the required
source and target representation(s), nor the eliminations you wish
performed. Source to source? 3-address code to DAG? Local CSE? Global
CSE? Any old CSE?

The point is that the code to achieve common subexpression elimination is
usually intimately tied to the program representations used in a
particular compiler. Asking for the CSE code alone will probably not do
you much good.

-alex

--
Alexander Vrchoticky alex@vmars.tuwien.ac.at
TU Vienna, CS/Real-Time Systems +43/1/58801-8168