TOOLS : Graphers [1]

matomira@di.epfl.ch (Fernando Mato Mira)
Wed, 17 Jun 1992 11:10:47 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
TOOLS : Graphers [1] matomira@di.epfl.ch (1992-06-17)
TOOLS : Graphers [2] : GARNET matomira@di.epfl.ch (1992-06-17)
TOOLS: Visual Languages [1] matomira@di.epfl.ch (1992-06-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp,comp.lang.visual,comp.compilers,comp.lang.misc
From: matomira@di.epfl.ch (Fernando Mato Mira)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1992 11:10:47 GMT

Thanks to all the people who responded to my request. For all the people
who also expressed interest in the subject, here is the first article
summarizing the results of the enquiry:

---------------------------------------
Kevin Thompson from NASA said the CLIM grapher is becoming semi-standard
and that he believes almost all the semi-standard graphics toolkits (CLUE,
CommonWindows, GARNET <<more on this in next article>>) have some sort of
grapher, but few ones work across platforms. The ISI-grapher used to work
with several platforms, but he doesn't know if it's still active. The
closest thing he knows about is:

>Date: Sat, 2 Feb 91 08:37:47 JST
>From: ida@csrl.aoyama.ac.jp (Masayuki Ida)
>
>If you are interested in a very starting point of a simple grapher/graph
>source code like one described in LISP LORE by Bromeley and Lamson, we
>have and are preparing to place it to public.
>The codes include versions for CLX, CLUE, CLM/GINA, Common Windows,
> LispView, Winterp, CLIM and YY.
>Several implementations have mouse sensitivity feature and others have
>implementation specific features. Please send me E-mail, if you like to
>see. ...
>Thank you for sending more than 20 requests ! Now ready for anonymous
>FTP at ftp.csrl.aoyama.ac.jp, cd to graphers
>
>There is graphers.tar.Z.uu file.
>-rwxr--r-- 1 ida 98261 Mar 13 17:32 graphers.tar.Z.uu
>
>It contains clim, ew, winterp, clue7.2, lispview, clx, ncw, and yy versions.
>

>There is no README like file, sorry.
>All the sources are not copyrighted.
>All the sources are not to show the best functionality of the tool used.
>All the sources are written as experimentations.
>I will appreciate if someone send me a refined version of them or
>versions for other window toolkits. I will add to the directory.

Philip Mc Bride from Stanford U. noted that there is a general purpose
CLOS-based 2-d grapher library as part of the lispview release (in the
MIT X distribution).
--
Fernando D. Mato Mira
Computer Graphics Lab