Global dataflow analysis questions

uday@kailash.cse.iitb.ernet.in (Uday P Khedkar)
Wed, 17 Jun 1992 10:24:12 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Global dataflow analysis questions uday@kailash.cse.iitb.ernet.in (1992-06-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: uday@kailash.cse.iitb.ernet.in (Uday P Khedkar)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1992 10:24:12 GMT

There was a news item about the kind of algo used for performing global
data flow analysis. I have the following queries :

1. How many production compilers use bi-directional data flow problems ?
(viz. Morel-Renvoise Algorithm for elimination of partial
redundancies.)

2. Are any other bi-directional algorithms used in practice ?

3. Which methods are used for these data flow problems ?

4. What is the observable complexity of these problems ?

5. Are any standard benchmarking/test suits available for the performance
analysis of various techniques of data flow analysis ? Are they
available via ftp ?

A reply by email will be highly appreciated; I'll summarize the info and
post it to the net.

Thanks.

Uday.
Uday P. Khedker,
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology,
Bombay, INDIA.