32-bit segments in MS-DOS object file: Help needed

andy@isi.itfs.nsk.su (Denisov, Andrey)
Wed, 3 Jun 1992 12:58:33 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
32-bit segments in MS-DOS object file: Help needed andy@isi.itfs.nsk.su (1992-06-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.sys.intel,comp.os.msdos.programmer
From: andy@isi.itfs.nsk.su (Denisov, Andrey)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1992 12:58:33 GMT

    Hello netters!

    Recently we've finished back-end for portable Oberon-2 compiler,
producing native 80386/80486 32-bit code.
    Now I am planning to modify back-end so that it will produce
MS-DOS standard object file. I intend to get Oberon-2 compiler
for developing software in MS Windows environment on high-end PCs.
    The problem is: I have 16-bit object file format description only.
    Could anyone help me with the description of 32-bit code/data segments
in standard object file?
    You may send e-mail directly to me if you wish.

    Thank you in advance,
    Andy Denisov
    Institute of Informatics Systems,
    Novosibirsk, Russia