adding support for gdb

donawa@cs.mcgill.ca
Tue, 28 Apr 1992 19:53:47 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
adding support for gdb donawa@cs.mcgill.ca (1992-04-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,gnu.gcc.help,comp.unix.programmer
From: donawa@cs.mcgill.ca
Originator: donawa@binkley.cs.mcgill.ca
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1992 19:53:47 GMT

Does anyone know of any documents/manuals explaining how to add support
for gdb? I'm writing the back end of a C compiler and will be spitting
code for Motorola 68040, sparc, MIPS R2000 and maybe ibm's RS/6000.

so far there's only the gdb manual that I glanced through, and of course
gcc -S -g

Any help is greatly appreciated.

please email any responses to:

donawa@cs.mcgill.ca

I'll summarize if there's any interest.

thanks,

Chris
[Most of the Unix symbol table formats are quite similar to each other.
You might find the O'Reilly COFF book to be of use. But really, there's
no substitute here for reading the code. -John]