Info needed (Sparc C compiler w/o register window)

clim@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU (Chu-Cheow Lim)
Tue, 14 Apr 1992 17:49:52 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Info needed (Sparc C compiler w/o register window) clim@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU (1992-04-14)
Re: Info needed (Sparc C compiler w/o register window) torek@horse.ee.lbl.gov (1992-04-15)
Re: Info needed (Sparc C compiler w/o register window) pardo@cs.washington.edu (1992-04-16)
No threads on SPARC? (was Re: Info needed (Sparc C compiler w/o regist mueller@mount.fsu.edu (1992-04-17)
Re: No threads on SPARC? pardo@cs.washington.edu (1992-04-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c,gnu.gcc.help
From: clim@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU (Chu-Cheow Lim)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1992 17:49:52 GMT

Hi,

I'm working on porting a parallel object-oriented language (parallel
Sather) to the CM-5 (which uses Sparc processors). The pSather compiler
generates C code and the gcc and cc compilers we have generates code using
register windows on the Sparc. But we're having problem flushing the
register window. Therefore, an alternative is to use a C compiler that
does not use register window on the Sparc.

I'm aware of one gcc compiler from a UCB class project that does this.
But I'm wondering if there're any other similar efforts, so that I can
evaluate my alternatives. Amongst the newsgroups that I'm posting to, I
only read "comp.compilers" on a regular basis. Hence, if anyone is
posting a reply, please also send an email copy to me. I'd be glad to
post the compilation of the replies (if any) if there is sufficient
interest.

Thanks in advance, and hope to hear from some of you folks.
---
Chu-Cheow Lim
ICSI, 1947 Center Street Suite 600, Berkeley, CA 94704
Phone: 510-642-4274 x 146, Email: clim@icsi.berkeley.
[I'm no fan of register windows, but is it really that hard to handle the
over- and underflow? -John]