unification with evalution

dekker@dutiba.tudelft.nl (Rene Dekker)
Mon, 13 Apr 1992 14:23:28 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
unification with evalution dekker@dutiba.tudelft.nl (1992-04-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.theory,comp.lang.prolog
From: dekker@dutiba.tudelft.nl (Rene Dekker)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1992 14:23:28 GMT

Hello net,

I am looking for literature on unification, where part of the expressions
can be generated by function applications. For example, the following two
expressions should unify:

Int -> Int
and
f(Int)

where f(x) = x -> x. The unification algorithm should also be able to
unify two applications, without actual evaluation of the expressions. For
example:

f(Int)
should unify with
T(Int)

where T is a variable. This is especially important in the context of
recursive functions.

Can anybody who knows about papers, books or other literature on this
subject please Email me. I'll summarise for the net if there is interest.

Rene.
--
Rene Dekker Delft University of Technology dekker@dutiba.tudelft.nl