Need -GOOD- 8051 C compiler ...

dwight@rock.concert.net (Dwight Frye -- Systems Development Group)
Fri, 10 Apr 1992 20:16:06 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need -GOOD- 8051 C compiler ... dwight@rock.concert.net (1992-04-10)
Re: Need -GOOD- 8051 C compiler ... peter@citr.uq.oz.au (1992-04-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c,misc.wanted
From: dwight@rock.concert.net (Dwight Frye -- Systems Development Group)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1992 20:16:06 GMT

I am posting this for a friend. We are looking for a -GOOD- Intel 8051 C
compiler. There have been a number of these available from a number of
different vendors but most have been rather poor in quality (from what I
have heard). If anyone has some experience with a 8051 C compiler that
they have been very happy with I would like to hear about it.

Basically .. I am looking for the -BEST- 8051 C compiler out there. The
code that is being ported compiles to about 60K on a 68000 so this will be
a fairly large piece of code for an 8051. The compiler will need to be
able to handle this size of code and the large number of symbols that will
come with it.

I do not regularly read these newsgroups so if you have a response please
mail to me at "dwight@rock.concert.net". Thanks ...
[In the past, the only response to this question has been the Avocet compiler
which costs about $1000. Please cc responses of general interest to
compilers. -John]